How many times have you searched and searched for the perfect meal that your whole family will love (including that picky toddler) only to realize it wasn’t nearly as perfect as you had hoped? My answer? Every. Single. Time. But then you find the one, the golden recipe that everyone loves; including that picky toddler.
Fear not readers, I have done the research for you and have compiled a list of our favorite recipes completely picky toddler approved!
Ham and Swiss Rolls
This became a quick favorite in our household. My husband gets so excited when he sees this is on the menu!
- 1 package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (12 rolls)
- 18 slices of thin deli ham (choose your favorite)
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick of butter – melted
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover 9×13 baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut rolls in half length wise.
- Place bottom half in foil covered pan.
- Layer with half of the ham, then the Swiss cheese on top, and lastly the rest of the ham.
- Add the top layer of rolls.
- Melt butter in microwave (30 seconds always works with ours but always adjust for your microwave) and whisk the remaining ingredients together.
- Pour evening over the rolls.
- Cover with foil and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake in over for 20 minutes.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve warm. Enjoy!
Alfredo Tomato Pasta
- 12 oz pasta cooked and drained (any you like, we love the bowties)
- 1 (24 oz) jar of pasta sauce
- 1 (16 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 sauces – making sure they are well incorporated.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, seasonings, and milk. *Add addition milk as necessary, the consistency should be like sour cream.
- In a 9×13 pan, lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place approximately 1/2 cup of mixed pasta sauce along the bottom (make sure there is a think coat covering the entire bottom of the pan)
- Place 1/2 of cooked pasta in pan and then 1/2 of the pasta sauce on top
- Lightly spread the cream cheese sauce over the sauce
- Add remaining noodles and then remaining sauce
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Loosely cover with foil and back for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbly around edges.
Hands down little J’s FAVORITE right now!
- 1 (20 oz) package of mixed cheese tortellini (I get the spinach/cheese package and sneak in some veggies! He has no idea muahaha!)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (I use the Spice World brand and use 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp of dried basil
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- In a large pot, add 3 cups of chicken broth, tortellini, and water until tortellini is covered. Cook until tortellini floats.
- Whisk together 1 cup of chicken brother and cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high until foaming. Stir in garlic and basil and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add broth-cornstarch mix and bring to boil; simmer until moisture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Mix with drained tortellini and garnish with some parmesan cheese!
Pigs in a Blanket
This one is really hard y’all. Pay close attention.
- 5 hot dogs, cut into 5 slices
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- Ketchup and/or mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease large cookie sheet with cooking oil
- Slice hot dogs into 5ths
- Roll out crescent dough and press seams together
- Cut into 5 strips both ways
- Wrap hot dogs in crescent pieces
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown
Crockpot Queso Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 10 oz can of original Rotel
- 4 oz can of mild diced green chiles (I opted out of using these)
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 3/4 cup salsa con queso
- taco shells, hard or soft
- favorite toppings
- Lightly spray crockpot with cooking spray
- Place chicken and add the taco seasoning, Rotel, green chiles, chicken broth, and queso. Mix together.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours. All cookers are different though!
- Drain excess juices, shred chicken and enjoy!
BONUS: Pizza Rolls
- 1 tub of pizza crust
- Pepperoni slices
- 10 mozzarella sticks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spread pizza dough out on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut the dough into 10 rectangles.
- Place about 4 slices of pepperoni on each rectangle and add the mozzarella stick.
- Roll up the pizza dough, enclosing the cheese stick, making sure the seams are pressed together
- Melt butter and add the garlic powder and dried parsley. Bruch the pizza sticks with the mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
There you have it! Our recent favorite quick meals that are toddler approved!
Have you tried any of these recipes? What did you think? Do you have any recipes that are always a win? Share below, I want to try them!